Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing # 12

I really enjoyed looking at blogs that were not a part of this activity. I found two blogs that I really connected with. Last year was my first year teaching, and as time went on, and I became more confident in my abilities, I worried that I did not do enough to help my first class become successful in the years to come. I found a blog where a teacher is getting the opportunity to continue with one of her classes, and is scared that she did not do enough last year, and will continue to fail her class. I really connected with her, and felt the need to comment to let her know that she is not alone, and that there are other first year teachers who feel they have not done their best.

The other blog I commented on was a book review. I read the book as a child, but it was not one that I thought to use in the classroom. This blog helped me to look at books that I enjoyed as a child from a teacher's perspective.

I have realized that there are lots of things I can learn from the experiences others write about in their blogs, and I will continue to comment in the future.

No comments: