Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing # 8

I liked the idea of the RSS. If I were a person who spent lots of time on specific sites, it would be really beneficial to have those sites brought to me. I am really not much of an internet reader, I would rather read novels or children's books, and I subsribe to a newspaper for news. One thing that I did like about the RSS and that I think will benefit me, is that some of the blog sites that I subscribed to talked a lot about education and new books and teaching strategies. I may actually start looking at those while I am planning lessons, or before I go shopping to enhance my classroom library. Same as me, I think that Libraries can use these blog sites to see which new books are good for their libraries. Librarians and teachers can also use the RSS feeder to stay current on the trends in education.

No comments: